Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Method...in progress

Okay, so last post was about a study I'd found online that's really helpful for my method. This post is me working out my method.
The first stage of my experiment will be the study. I'll arrange pictures of models' faces in a slide show with a timer to regulate how long it remains on each slide. I'll set the timer to 4 seconds. I'll insert a blank slide between each photograph, the slide show will remain on each blank slide for 2 seconds. This slide show will be shown to all my volunteers.
In the test, I will create a different slide show will some of the same pictures from the study and some pictures of different models' faces. This slide show will be shown to all volunteers. They will be asked to give a yes or no answer to the question "Have I shown you this face before?" for each model. While there will be no timer on the slide show, if at 2 minutes they have still not given an answer, there will have to give an answer and the next picture will be displayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment