Saturday, June 5, 2010

Making changes

I haven't done anything more with my experiment since my last post because I've been at music camp. My internet is still mucking up so I only have a limited time on it, which I will use to find more asian models. I'm still short on volunteers but a couple of people have suggested to me that I go to the english centre at Kogarah and ask if they have any students who have been born in Asia and have been in Australia for less than 10 years who are willing to participate in a year 10 student's science experiment. I don't want to resort to this, but I don't really have any alternatives. I mentioned in a previous post that I was considering cutting back on the number of volunteers but I've checked with Ms Zhang and I've already got the minimum number.
I plan to start my experiment tomorrow, hopefully, provided that I can finish the slide shows before my internet time is up. I haven't written my permission notes yet; I was only told the other day that we weren't getting a template and had to create our own. I had planned to get Ms Zhang to check it before I started to hand them out, but I really want to start tomorrow. I've seen Steph's notes and so if I use those as my template and then check with Ms Zhang on Monday I'm sure it will be fine.
Oh, I almost forgot something important, I think I have to change my method. Originally I was going to carry out two tests; one 1 hour after the first slide show and the other one week after the first slide show. However this is looking impractical as I need to use people I've never even met and I think trying to met with them twice exactly one week apart would be too much to ask.
Another thing, I've mentioned before that I originally wanted to get all my volunteers together and carry out the experiment in one go, then I said that this wouldn't work so I had to carry out the tests at different times in different locations. Unfortunately it seems like I may have to even conduct some of the tests over msn or something, due to the fact that some of the people are friends/acquaintances of friends that live too far away etc. I don't know if this will still work so I'll have to check with Ms Zhang on Monday.
P.S. I know we're meant to upload photos but at the moment there isn't anything to photograph. I can't put the pictures of the models up because if one of my volunteers sees them before the experiment it will alter the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment