Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I hate technology

I started collecting pictures of models last week (I would have blogged sooner but our internet's decided to stuff up). The anglo-saxon models were easy to come by, but I'm having a bit more trouble finding the Asian models. For example the first sight I clicked on which had a totally innocent, if rather superficial, title like "top 50 asian models" had some very, well, not innocent pictures. So did the next site. In order to avoid any more confronting and rather gross pictures I changed my search from "asian models" to "seoul fashion week". These models were predictibly (and thankfully) more clothed, the only problem is that, because it's fashion week, the focus of the picture is the clothes and not the models' faces. This has added difficulty to my search because I need to enlarge the faces of the models for the slideshow and when they're that small in the picture they just turn out blurry (which would really muck up the recognition thing).
Yesterday at school Lisa looked through the pictures that I had managed to collect to ensure that none of them were famous (which would also muck up the recognition experiment). It's a good thing she did. She ended up in a fit of hysterics; partly, I think, due to excitment at seeing a picture of her favourite boy band singers and partly through shock at how totally oblivious I am to Asian pop culture.
So now I'm back to square one as far as asian male models go, and not that much better with asian female models. To make matters worse my laptop has decided to not work properly and so some of the pictures that I've found and saved have come out fragmented and unrecognisable(sort of like my climate graph but 10 times worse) and every time I fix the powerpoint backgrounds it refuses to save them. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! I hate techology!

No comments:

Post a Comment